Author's Instructions for Accepted Contributions!!
Author's Instructions for Accepted Contributions are already available!!!
HOW TO GET TO CONFERENCE VENUEThe simplest way to get to conference hotels and conference venue from Lublin Railway Station is to take busses no. 13 or no. 30.
- BUS no. 13 (stop "Dworzec Gł. PKP 02", direction "Paderewskiego") - get off at stop "Ogród Saski 03" (close to the hotels "Mercure", "Campanile" and Conference Venue, the duration of travel is 15-20 minutes) see timetable
- BUS no. 30 (stop "Dworzec Gł. PKP 02", direction "Zbożowa") - get off at stop "Ogród Saski 03" (close to the hotels "Mercure", "Campanile" and Conference Venue, the duration of travel is 10-12 minutes) see timetable
Below is the list of preferred carriers:
- Radio Taxi Four (Tel. 196-88,81 444 44 44 44)
- MPT "Radio-Taxi 919" (tel. 191-91,81 744 16 66)
- TAXI BUTT (Tel. 81 511 11 11 11)
- Radio Damel Taxi (Tel. 196-26,191-99)
HOW TO GET TO LUBLIN
- The Lublin Airport is located about 10 km SE of Lublin. Among flights there are everyday Lufthansa connection to Munich, Ryanair connections to London and Dublin, and LOT connection to Tel Aviv. There are the following options to get to the city from the Lublin airport:
- by buses - MPK and Przewozy24.pl
- by taxi - the most convinient way, the price is less than 15 Euro
Taxi services at the airport are provided by the licensed taxi company Damel
There is no taxi rank in front of the terminal building. A passenger willing to travel by a recommended taxi service from the airport is requested to approach the desk with a paging system inside the terminal. Your driver will be called in immediately.
Busses from/to Warsaw Chopin airport
The organizers of PPAM 2017 will provide the bus transport between Warsaw Chopin Airport and Lublin according to the following schedule (see details in the PDF file):
- Saturday Sept. 9 from Airport
- Sunday Sept. 10 from Airport
- Wednesday Sept. 13 from the conference venue to Airport
- 14:00 bus for approx. 50 passengers
The organizers will wait for participants in the arrival hall, Exit 2
The updated version of preliminary program of PPAM 2017 is already available.
Notifactions with accepting/rejecting decisions
The notifactions with accepting/rejecting decisions are planned to be sent to Authors of papers submitted to the PPAM 2017 main track till Friday, June 23. Please excuse us for delay!!!
PPAM 2017 Proceedings
The publication of PPAM 2017 proceedings in LNCS has been approved by Springer.
Like all editions of PPAM starting from 2001, the proceedings of PPAM 2015 are indexed by Web of Science.
DEADLINE EXTENDED - May 5, 2017!!!
For workshops, minisymposia and special sessions extensions are provided as well!!!
EasyChair submission system
The EasyChair submission system is avaiable!
Call for papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
12th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON PARALLEL PROCESSING AND APPLIED MATHEMATICS
September 10-13, 2017
The PPAM 2017 conference, twelfth in a series, will cover topics in parallel and distributed computing, including theory and applications, as well as applied mathematics. The focus will be on models, algorithms, and software tools which facilitate efficient and convenient utilization of modern parallel and distributed computing architectures, as well as on large-scale applications, including big data and machine learning problems.
PPAM is a biennial conference started in 1994, with the proceedings published by Springer in the Lecture Notes in Computer Sciences series. In 2017 the PPAM conference will take place in Lublin, the largest Polish city east of the Vistula River, an academic and cultural centre, proud of its rich history and picturesque Old Town.
The PPAM 2017 conference is organized by Czestochowa University of Technology together with Maria Curie-Skłodowska University (UMCS) in Lublin, under the patronage of Committee of Informatics of Polish Academy of Sciences, in technical cooperation with IEEE Computer Society and ICT COST Action IC1305 "Network for Sustainable Ultrascale Computing (NESUS)".Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Parallel/distributed architectures, enabling technologies
- Cluster and cloud computing
- Multi-core and many-core parallel computing, GPU computing
- Heterogeneous/hybrid computing and accelerators
- Parallel/distributed algorithms: numerical and non-numerical
- Scheduling, mapping, load balancing
- Performance analysis and prediction
- Performance issues on various types of parallel systems
- Autotuning: methods, tools, and applications
- Power and energy aspects of computation
- Parallel/distributed programming
- Tools and environments for parallel/distributed computing
- Security and dependability in parallel/distributed environments
- HPC numerical linear algebra
- HPC methods of solving differential equations
- Evolutionary computing, meta-heuristics and neural networks
- Machine learning and HPC
- HPC interval analysis
- Applied Computing in mechanics, material processing, biology and medicine, physics, chemistry, business, environmental modeling, etc.
- Applications of parallel/distributed computing
- Methods and tools for parallel solution of large-scale problems, including big data and machine learning applications
- Neuromorphic computing
KEYNOTE SPEAKERS (tentative list)
|Rosa Badia||Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain|
|Franck Cappello||Argonne National Laboratory, USA|
|Cris Cecka||NVIDIA & Stanford University, USA|
|Bronis R. de Supinski||Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA|
|Jack Dongarra||University of Tennessee and ORNL, USA|
|Thomas Fahringer||University Innsbruck, Austria|
|Dominik Göddeke||University of Stuttgart, Germany|
|William Gropp||University Illinois Urbana-Champaign, USA|
|Georg Hager||University Erlangen-Nurnberg, Germany|
|Alexey Lastovetsky||University College Dublin, Ireland|
|Satoshi Matsuoka||Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan|
|Karlheinz Meier||University of Heidelberg, Germany|
|Manish Parashar||Rutgers University, USA|
|Jean-Marc Pierson||University Paul Sabatier, France|
|Uwe Schwiegelshohn||TU Dortmund University, Germany|
|Boleslaw K. Szymanski||Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA|
|Michela Taufer||University of Delaware, USA|
|Andrei Tchernykh||CICESE Research Center, Mexico|
|Jeffrey Vetter||ORNL & Georgia Tech, USA|
WORKSHOPS, MINISYMPOSIA, SPECIAL SESSIONS
- Minisymposium on GPU Computing
- Workshop on Models, Algorithms and Methodologies for Hierarchical Parallelism in New HPC Systems
- Workshop on Energy Aspects of Computation
- Workshop on Scheduling for Parallel Computing
- Workshop on Language-Based Parallel Programming Models
- Workshop PGAS Programming
- Special Session on Frameworks, Libraries and Tools for Programming Modern Parallel Applications
- Workshop on Performance Evaluation of Parallel Applications on Large-Scale Systems
- Minisymposium on HPC Applications in Physical Sciences
- Minisymposium on Applied High Performance Numerical Algorithms in PDEs
- Minisymposium on High Performance Computing Interval Methods
- Workshop on Complex Collective Systems
- Special Session on Parallel Matrix Factorizations
PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
Original papers are invited for the conference. Authors should submit full papers (draft version, PDF file, together with abstract) using the online submission system before April 21 May 5, 2017. Regular papers are not to exceed 10 pages (LNCS style). Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the conference topics. Abstracts of accepted papers will be available during the conference in form of a brochure. Only papers presented at PPAM 2017 will be included into the proceedings, which will be published after the conference by Springer in the LNCS series. Full camera-ready versions of accepted papers will be required by November 15, 2017 November 2, 2017.
JOURNAL SPECIAL ISSUES
Like the previous PPAM editions, the authors of the best papers selected by the Program Committee will be invited to submit extended versions of their work to special issues of journals with Impact Factor such as Int. Journal of High Performance Computing Applications; Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience; and The Journal of Supercomputing.
Czestochowa University of Technology
Dabrowskiego 73, 42-201 Czestochowa, Poland
prof. Roman Wyrzykowski
Phone: +48 668 476 840
Fax: +48 34 3250 589
|Submission of Papers:||April 21 May 5, 2017|
|Notification of Acceptance:||May 31 June 15, 2017|
|Camera-Ready Papers:||November 15, 2017 November 2, 2017|
Czestochowa University of Technology, Poland
CHAIR OF PROGRAM COMMITTEE
|Ewa Deelman||University of Southern California, USA
VICE-CHAIR OF PROGRAM COMMITTEE